Dare V. Ajibade MD/PhD/MPH will be the Aesthetic Surgery Fellow at North Texas Plastic Surgery for 2020 - 2021. Dr. Ajibade is a fully trained Plastic Surgeon with a commitment to excellence and, as such, has been elected to pursue additional training in Aesthetic Surgery.
Dr. Ajibade was born in Nigeria and grew up right outside of New York City with his three siblings. He brings a unique socially conscious perspective and culturally competent approach to achieving collaborative and personalized aesthetic results. He looks forward to offering evidence-based, fully comprehensive surgical and non-surgical aesthetic options to help all patients achieve their optimal selves.
Dr. Ajibade graduated Cum Laude and with departmental honors in Biological Sciences at Rutgers, New Jersey State University. Thereafter, he enrolled in the MD/PhD program at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (UMDNJ) - New Jersey Medical School. Dr. Ajibade also completed a master’s in public health at the UMDNJ - School of Public Health.
Following medical school, Dr. Ajibade completed his General Surgery training at New Jersey Medical School University Hospital in Newark, NJ. He then continued his education in Philadelphia where he completed a comprehensive Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery training at Temple University Hospital.
Dr. Ajibade’s first exposure to medicine was through his Aunt, who not only steered his early educational pursuits, but also continues to influence his development and perspective. As a nurse and midwife in rural Nigeria, her life work provided access to care and education in an underserved community. Through her commitment, Dr. Ajibade learned the indelible impact a single individual can have on a community through passion, dedication and service.
While pursing technical refinement, Dr. Ajibade hopes to continue to explore and contribute to new evidence in the field of Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery in order to enhance patients’ outcomes. His research interests include assessment and improvement of quality in relation to safety, patient experience and comparative efficiency/effectiveness.
Dr. Ajibade appreciates art in all its forms and enjoys the opportunity to explore and learn. He is an avid reader and loves to learn about new cultures through his travels. He spends his free time gardening and weight training.
- 08/2017- 07/2020 Temple University, Philadelphia, PA - Plastic Surgery Fellowship
- 07/2012-06/2017 University Hospital, Newark, NJ - General Surgery Residency
- 07/2011-06/2012 Saint Barnabas Medical Center, Livingston, NJ General Surgery Internship 08/2004-05/2011 UMDNJ - New Jersey Medical School, Newark, NJ MD/PhD/MPH
- 08/2001-05/2004 Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ Bachelor of Arts (Cum Laude and Departmental Honors in Biological Science)
- 08/2000-05/2001 Sacred Heart University, Fairfield, CT
- Pennsylvania 10/2017 - 12/2020
- Texas 08/2019 - 08/2022
Honors and Awards
- 2004 Rutgers University - Henry Rutgers Scholar
- 2006 Alfred P. Sloan Foundation - Research award
- 2008 New Jersey Medical School - Richard Pozen and Ann Silver Pozen Community Scholar
- 2008 UNCF/Merck Science Initiative - Graduate fellow
- 2009 UMDNJ - New Jersey Medical School - UMDNJ Credo in Action
- 2010 Endocrine Society - Outstanding Publication - Endocrinology Student Award
- 2010 New Jersey Medical School - Gold Humanism Honor Society
- 2011 New Jersey Medical School - AOA Research award
- 2014 New Jersey Medical School - Golden Apple Resident Teaching Award
- 2014 Arnold P. Gold Foundation - New Jersey Medical School - Humanism and Excellence in Teaching Award
- Burnett AS, Quinn PL, Ajibade DV, Peters SR, Ahlawat SK, Mahmoud OM, Chokshi RJ. Design of an Immunohistochemistry Biomarker Panel for Diagnosis of Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma. Pancreatology. 2019
- Palange DC, Ajibade D, Bonne S, Kunac A. Prevention of Implanted Central Venous Port Erosion with Prophylactic Mesh Tissue Augmentation. Am Surg. 2017
- Mady LJ, Ajibade DV , Hsaio ,Teichert A, Fong C, Christakos S and Bikle DD. The Transient Role for Calcium and Vitamin D during the Developmental Hair Follicle Cycle. Journal of Investigative Dermatology. 2016
- Marano AA, Therattil PJ, Ajibade DV, Datiashvili, RO. Ganglion Cyst of the Peroneus Longus. Eplasty. 2015.
- Eloy JA, Choudhry OJ, Christiano LD, Ajibade DV , Liu JK. Double flap technique for reconstruction of anterior skull base defects after craniofacial tumor resection: technical note. Int Forum Allergy Rhinol. 2013
- Ajibade DV , Tanaka IK, Paghda KV, Mirani N, Lee HJ, Jyung RW. Inflammatory Pseudotumor (Plasma Cell Granuloma) of the Temporal Bone. Ear Nose Throat J. 2010
- Ajibade DV , Dhawan P, Fechner AJ, Meyer MB, Pike JW, Christakos S. Evidence for a Role of Prolactin in Calcium Homeostasis: Regulation of Intestinal Transient Receptor Potential Vanilloid Type 6, Intestinal Calcium Absorption, and the 25-Hydroxyvitamin D(3) 1Alpha Hydroxylase Gene by Prolactin. Endocrinology. 2010
- Christakos S, Dhawan P, Ajibade D , Benn BS, Feng J, Joshi SS. Mechanisms Involved in Vitamin D Mediated Intestinal Calcium Absorption and in Non-Classical Actions of Vitamin D. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2010
- Lieben L, Benn BS, Ajibade D , Stockmans I, Moermans K, Hediger MA, Peng JB, Christakos S, Bouillon R, Carmeliet G. Trpv6 Mediates Intestinal Calcium Absorption During Calcium Restriction and Contributes to Bone Homeostasis. Bone. 2010
- Ajibade D, Benn B, Christakos, S. Mechanism of Action of 1,25-Dihydroxyvitamin D3 on Intestinal Calcium Absorption and Renal Calcium Transport. In Vitamin D: Physiology, Molecular Biological and Clinical Application. (M.F. Holick ed). Humana Press. 2010
- Benn BS, Ajibade D , Porta A, Dhawan P, Hediger M, Peng JB, Jiang Y, Oh GT, Jeung, EB, Lieben L, Bouillon R, Carmeliet G, Christakos S. Active Intestinal Calcium Transport in the Absence of TRPV6 and Calbindin-D9k. Endocrinology. 2008
- Christakos S, Dhawan P, Benn B, Porta A, Hediger M, Oh GT, Zhong Y, Ajibade DV , Dhawan K, Joshi S. Vitamin D: Molecular Mechanism of Action. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2007
- Gerecke DR, Sabourin C, Bhatt P, Rudge Jr TL, Casillas RP, Kiser RC, Casbohm SL, Riley DJ, Ohman-Strickland P, Ajibade DV , Shakarjian MP. Laminin 5 and Gelatinase Alterations in mouse Skin Following Sulfur Mustard (SM) Exposure, Proceedings of Bioscience Review 2004