As you age, your face develops wrinkles and lines as a result of repetitive facial expressions and loss of skin elasticity. Vertical lines between the eyebrows are a common sign of aging and can make you appear as if you are upset or worried even when you are not. If your face isn’t sending the message you want due to frown lines, Xeomin® may be a good option to smooth out this unwanted feature.
At North Texas Plastic Surgery, our board-certified, Harvard-trained plastic surgeon can assess whether this treatment can rejuvenate your face. Dr. Sacha Obaid and his staff perform a range of surgical and non-surgical cosmetic procedures to help you achieve your ideal appearance.
What is Xeomin®?
Xeomin®, or incobotulinumtoxinA, is an injectable prescription medication approved by the FDA to reduce the appearance of frown lines. The active ingredient interferes with the chemical process that instigates muscle contractions in the treated area.
By targeting nerve endings in the area, muscle contractions are decreased. As a result, visible lines can diminish or vanish, leaving you with a smooth, youthful appearance.
Xeomin® is often chosen to address frown lines due to its efficacy and convenience. Benefits of Xeomin® include:
- Pure formula – Unlike BOTOX®, which has the same active ingredient, Xeomin® contains no additives. With fewer ingredients, there is less likelihood that your body will become resistant to the treatment.
- Short procedure – It takes only 10 to 20 minutes.
- Minimal recovery – No bed rest is necessary, and you can resume most activities immediately after the injection.
- Quick results – You can enjoy a more youthful face within a few days.
- Temporary results – While facial plastic surgery can accomplish dramatic results, many patients are not ready to commit to a more permanent change to their appearance. Results from Xeomin® typically last around 3 months.
- Repeatable – You can have Xeomin® treatments every 3 to 4 months, or as recommended by our qualified staff.
Xeomin® is safe for most healthy adults. A personalized consultation at our office is the best place to start to determine if this treatment can achieve your desired outcome. In general, you may be a good candidate if:
- You are at least 18 years of age.
- You have moderate to severe glabellar lines (frown lines between your eyebrows).
- You are not undergoing other treatments involving botulinum.
- You are not prone to reactions from cosmetic injectables.
- You have realistic expectations for the procedure.
During the procedure, you will receive an injection of Xeomin® at the affected site between your eyebrows. The treatment lasts around 10 to 20 minutes, depending on the patient.
Afterward, we advise that you do not apply heat to the area, rub the treated site, or engage in strenuous activity for the first 24 hours after the injection. Most patients are able to return to work and go about their day as usual after treatment.
Call Us to Schedule a Free Consultation
Dr. Obaid and the qualified professionals at North Texas Plastic Surgery can help you refresh and revive your facial appearance. We are happy to meet with you for a no-cost consultation.
In your consultation, we will discuss your areas of concern and goals for treatment. We will also answer your questions and develop a personalized plan for delivering the results you want to see. Call us today at 817-416-8080.